How much water do your chicks need?
Make sure your chicken always have water. Without enough water they will not grow well. For each 1 g of feed, your chicks need 2 g of water. For the first 3-5 days, add to the water:
- liquid glucose for energy
- 1 drop of liquid paraffin for digestion
- Vitamins to help with stress.
Clean the drinkers every day.
Feeding guide for your broilers
In order to have a healthy and strong flock of broilers, make sure you follow this feeding guide using Unga Farmcare EA feeds:
- Day 1 – 21: Starter Mash. Each chick will eat 1 kg in 21 days.
- Days 21 – 35: Finisher Mash. Each chicken will eat 2 kg in 14 days.
- Days 35 – 42: Finisher Mash. Each chicken will eat an extra 1 kg in 7 days.
Change feed slowly:
- Day 20: 75% Starter Mash and 25% Finisher Mash
- Day 21: 50% Starter Mash and 50% Finisher Mash
- Day 22: 25% Starter Mash and 75% Finisher Mash
When chicks are out of the brooder, remove feeding trays. Hang the feeders from the roof at back level. This stops the chicken wasting food.
Your broilers should be ready to sell at 35-42 days at 1.5 kg.