Obtain seedlings from a KEPHIS registered nursery near you.
Transplant seedlings after 3-4 weeks. Transplant early in the morning (6-10 am) or late in the afternoon (4-6pm).
- Dig planting holes 30 cm apart in rows 60 cm apart.
- Drench soil with a mixture of 50g PEARL in 20litres of water in a knapsack. This will prevent soil borne diseases attacking the seedlings. Soil drench before planting them.
- Mix 1 bottletop of TSP and a handful of manure with the soil in each hole.
- Plant the seedling. Water the seedlings.
- Topdress with 1 teaspoon CAN per plant 3 weeks after transplanting